You can help a family in need this Christmas, here's how you can help
We are the Christmas Bureau of the Columbia Valley; a not-for-profit organization that has been helping to make Christmas a little bit brighter and cheerier for families in the Valley since 1992.
We raise funds to: purchase gift cards (from our local grocery stores), provide a small bag of personalized gifts/goodies, and provide gifts to children, teens and seniors, which are then distributed to families/individuals that are in need of some help at Christmas time.
Everyone from time to time has needed a helping hand. We believe that everyone deserves a special Christmas dinner and gifts, without the added stress and financial burden that often comes with the Holiday season.
Please support our program
If you wish to sponsor a family or make a donation, visit our website (www.christmasbureaucv.ca), email firstname.lastname@example.org, contact Angie at 250-342-2611 or complete our sponsorship form found on this webpage. The form can be submitted online or mailed it to Christmas Bureau of the Columbia Valley, Box 2595, Invermere, BC, V0A 1K3.
Monetary donations can be made anytime throughout the year. Check out our Donations page on our website to make monetary donations and payments for sponsoring a family, or you can e-transfer to email@example.com, or mail a cheque to the Christmas Bureau. If you send an e-transfer, please send us a separate email including your full name, mailing address and phone number so that we can issue and income tax receipt.
If you are donating gift boxes/bags, they must be delivered to Angie at the Columbia Valley Centre in Invermere, BC no later than December 15, 2022 between 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (noon).
Any questions or cash donations – contact Angie at 250-342-2611 or Carrie at 250-341-5033.
HOW you can help:
There are a number of different ways you can help. Below are some choices:
- Sponsor a family at a cost between $150 and $350 (for the grocery gift card) depending on the size of family you choose. Ideally, you will also assemble and wrap a small box (shoe box size), or gift bag, of personalized gifts and treats to go along with the grocery gift card. OR, you may choose to donate an additional $25 – $30 for each family you sponsor to cover the cost of the items for the gift box/bag (which will be purchased and assembled by the Christmas Bureau volunteers). A tax receipt will be issued.
- Make a flat donation of any amount which goes towards purchasing grocery gift cards and gift packages for those families who don’t get sponsored. A tax receipt will be issued for amounts of $20 or more.
- Assemble a gift box/bag of goodies.
- Donate any items that would be suitable to include in a gift box/bag.
- Select a gift tag from one of the angel trees located in Invermere and purchase a gift for a child, teen or a senior. See the Angel Tree webpage for more information.
- Purchase a complete package for a family — provide funds for the grocery certificate, assemble a small gift bag of treats, purchase a $25 – $30 certificate for any teens included in the family, and purchase gifts (approximate $30 value each) for any children or seniors included in the family you choose.
Suggestions of items for your gift box/bag include (but aren’t limited to): candy, hot chocolate, teas, jams, popcorn, candles, socks, mittens, toothbrushes, soaps, dish/face cloths, family card games, puzzles, crayons and coloring books, scratch tickets, etc. Please do not include any home-made food items. Once you decide to sponsor a family (and assemble a gift box/bag), or only assemble a gift box/bag, you will be given a family number and the family members’ ages and gender to help guide you in building your gift box/bag. Please display this number on the outside of the gift box/bag. Feel free to include a card along with your box/bag, but understand that as an organization we aim to keep all parties anonymous so please leave it unsigned.